Spring Painting April 7th - 12th 2013
* Still Life - Setting up ones own Still Life from a variety of objects provided. Paul Cezanne would spend hours arranging and rearranging objects before he actually started on the painting.
* Wet on Wet - exploring this loose method of painting with a demonstration. Using a sketch from the half day outing.
* Painting from Sketches made made on outings and from views of the surrounding Fells.
* Castlrrigg Stone Circle and Keswick - Half day by minibus stopping to sketch at the ancient Castlerigg Stone Circle, set in a spectacular location amongst the Fells. Afterwards to the Keswick Pencil Museum where we can try out their full range of pencil products. Return to the Hotel for tea.
* Coniston and Brantwood - Full day out by minibus. First stop at the Bluebird Cafe at Coniston, a delightful location on the shores of the lake with views up and down the lake, sketching and painting. Then a boat trip across to Brantwood, the one time home of Ruskin - sketching and painting followed by lunch at the Spinning Jenny Cafe. Afternoon will involve a viewing of the house and more sketching. Coffee and light lunch provided.
* Slide presentation and discussion of Water colour paintings from the Tate Gallery
* DVD: Four members of the Royal Water Colour Society painting on location at Lamorrna Cove, Cornwall
* Appraisal and discussion of work achieved
* A light-hearted fun Quiz evening
The holiday will finish on the Friday morning with an informal exhibition of paintings and appraisal of work achieved. Within the course, there is plenty of scope for artists to develop their individual ideas.
The holiday runs from Sunday evening to mid-morning on Friday. Prices are per person for the 5 nights and include full Cumbrian breakfast, morning coffee, 3-course dinner and VAT @ 20 %
Non-participating partners are welcome, and there is a reduction of £50 on the above prices for them.
A deposit of £150 per person is required for the holidays, which can be made by cheque or credit card. This is non-refundable unless the room is subsequently re let; cancellation insurance is available.
The course tutor, Audrey Jerram, is very experienced in teaching painters. She and her husband, Peter, ran a guest house for painters in Hartsop, near Ullswater, and so is well acquainted with the Lake District. Audrey paints in predominately in acrylics and watercolour, but uses other media from time to time.
Her London exhibitions include one person shows in Foyles Art Gallery, Queensland House Gallery, and the Loggia Gallery. In 1994 she had an exhibition at the Collins Street Gallery in Melbourne, and as a result was commissioned to paint in the Gold Fields of Western Australia in 1997, followed by another exhibition in Melbourne. Her paintings are in private collections in numerous countries.
To see some examples of Audrey's work, click here